Most of our leagues utilize the Bullshooter handicap feature.
This feature tracks your league stats and calculates your average scoring ability.
Handicap is NOT an indication of a players peak performance.
It is based on the NORMALLY EXPECTED averages of the players to make matches more competitive.
In '01 games, your Points Per Dart (PPD) = average number of points you score each turn.
- all darts / scores are counted until the game is over
In Cricket, your Marks Per Round (MPR) = average number of valid marks you score each turn.
- If you hit 3 singles each turn, your MPR would be 3.0
- When you hit triples, your MPR increases
- If you hit a triple to close your opponents number, and you only needed a single, then it only counts as a single toward your MPR
Handicap leagues provide a head start to the lower rated players in a match.
- '01 games = lower players start with lower points e.g. 501 vs 428
- Cricket games = lower player starts with marks already on the board
Handicap is not a perfect system. What it does really well is level the playing field to make matches far more competitive for both teams.
The handicap is automatically calculated by the system prior to the match start and it uses these same values for the entire match; it does NOT adjust up or down DURING the match.